Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

What better way to celebrate Mother's Day weekend than by making lots and lots of babies? Yesterday afternoon was the perfect time to pot up some succulents.

The various creeping Sedums are really filling out so it was easy to pinch some stems from them.

I've learned that if I plant the Sempervivum (Hens & Chicks) in between the Sedums, they are quickly overrun. They are much happier being in pots and set in the Sedum this way.

Right now the pots still look a bit bare but give them a week or two of warmth and these babies will plump up quickly.

Surprise! Rounding the back of the pool garden I found one of last year's babies, merrily blooming along.

Happy Mother's Day!

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love to read your comments! Much as I wish I also had time to reply, many times I will have to choose between replying to comments or creating a new post so please understand if I choose to use my time on a new post. This will also give me time to visit some of you too.