Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

ABC's - Start at the Beginning

Well, it's been quite some time since I've posted here on my blogs. In the past year my life has changed drastically. I've moved from my large country home on 1.3 acres to a tiny cottage 2 blocks from the beach.

My oldest daughter Lauren moved in to New York City, Emily began college at Wagner in Staten Island and my divorce has finally been finalized. So suddenly Calie the wonder-doodle and I find ourselves as instant, true, empty nesters.

Very few plants made the trip here with us but a few accents came along. Couldn't resist the shoes with succulents although finding sun is a struggle on this Oak filled property.

Luckily, I'm surrounded with the most amazing neighborhood (and neighbors too) in this storybook town of Centerport. The gardens are small but filled with many different plants and I try to walk every day.

We've had a mild winter and the proximity to the water probably pushed me one zone warmer. As you can see, crocus are already in bloom here along with lots of snowdrops (miss mine so much).

Instead of days filled as a stay-at-home mom and gardener writer/lecturer, I'm now a banker. The best part of every day is driving home. The very end of my commute takes me across a small scenic bridge and almost always seems to happen as the sun goes down.

As for my morning commute, this is the first thing I see. Not too shabby!

Be back soon, promise!

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love to read your comments! Much as I wish I also had time to reply, many times I will have to choose between replying to comments or creating a new post so please understand if I choose to use my time on a new post. This will also give me time to visit some of you too.