Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Just one


How many blooms does it take to stop me in my tracks? With these drumstick Allium, just one is enough.

Actually I have about a dozen of them in total and in real life they are only about the size of a quarter. But it's enough, enough to stop and just stare with amazement at the beauty in a single bloom.

My intention was to just post one photo tonight, just one. Those of you who know me well are probably laughing pretty hard right now. I guess that for me, flowers are like tortilla chips, I can't stop at one!

But come on, look, here's another Alium, I don't know the botanical name, it was a pass-along plant many years ago. What I can tell you is I've spent quite a bit of time in the garden just watching them slowly emerge from their papery shells.

Ok, I'm going to sign off quickly before you have to sit through a whole compendium of Melanie's latest Allium blooms :-)

Hope to see lots of you this weekend here in my garden or on Sunday at Planting Fields Arboretum. I plan on shooting hundreds of photos there if the weather cooperates.

Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love to read your comments! Much as I wish I also had time to reply, many times I will have to choose between replying to comments or creating a new post so please understand if I choose to use my time on a new post. This will also give me time to visit some of you too.