Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2009

Got Pots?

I need pots. Lots and lots of pots.

When it comes to planting things in pots, I can be pretty creative. Here you can see our Mrs. Potts and an old wagon also used as a pot.

I've used baskets as pots. They work ok for one season but will rot out by the end of the year.

Bowling shoes are great as pots. I have two pairs of bowling shoe pots in the garden but this year they've been out there for 4 years and I just might have to give them the old heave-ho and hope somebody drops off a new pair or two.


Don's work boots are quick and easy to pot up. You'll find shoes with plants in them all over my garden.

The pots I need though are these kind. Serious pots, pots to plant with perennial divisions so I can sell them. Right now you could probably find a few hundred pots here in my garden but that's not even close to what I go through in a single season. I guess I'd better start stalking those landscape trucks and see if I can grab some pots when they are through with a job.

Got pots? If so, let me know!

Melanie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel, those are creative (and beautiful) pots! I love the shoe idea. UGH, cold and wet here today!! This is when we need a large shed or greenhouse! Btw, did you get my email on the nurseries?
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I do so love to read your comments! Much as I wish I also had time to reply, many times I will have to choose between replying to comments or creating a new post so please understand if I choose to use my time on a new post. This will also give me time to visit some of you too.