Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Portulaca Envy

Ok, so my blog is titled "Melanie's Perennials". Sometimes you just have to break the rules.

Every now and then I come across an annual that I just have to grow. Some of them reseed around here like crazy and become like perennials in the garden. Others need to be bought once again each spring.

Waiting for the weather to warm up a bit outside I decided to browse through some old photos for some inspiration. I saw this photo and it just stopped me short.

Wow, I'm green with envy!

Here's a walkway with lots of cool succulants, sedums and right in the bottom left corner is a yellow Portulaca. Oh to have a walkway like this...

A close up shot taken here, shows a pale peach Portulaca. I don't know what I want the most in this photo...actually... I'll take them all!

Yowza! Bicolored orange and yellow Portulaca.

None of these photos were taken in my own yard, they were taken on a tour 4 years ago. What's wrong with me? Why haven't I been putting some Portulacas in my own garden?

Note to self: BUY PORTULACAS THIS SPRING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love to read your comments! Much as I wish I also had time to reply, many times I will have to choose between replying to comments or creating a new post so please understand if I choose to use my time on a new post. This will also give me time to visit some of you too.