Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

Lychnis 'Vesuvius'

Last year I bought Lychnis 'Vesuvius' at the Agway out in Riverhead. I didn't know where I was going to put this plant but I didn't care.

Garden writers always advise to never buy anything without a plan but in reality I rarely have a plan when I see something that strikes my fancy. This Lychnis with it's purplish foliage and hot orange bloom was a must have.

I really like where I place it, right in front of a Salvia verticillata 'Purple Rain'. There's just one problem, I need more! Lots and lots more of Lychnis 'Vesuvius' to play against the larger clump of Salvia.

Maybe it's time for a trip out to Agway. Hope they have it again this year!

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love to read your comments! Much as I wish I also had time to reply, many times I will have to choose between replying to comments or creating a new post so please understand if I choose to use my time on a new post. This will also give me time to visit some of you too.