Search This Blog

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Picture perfect

Rain rain, go away... yet another rainy day in this incredibly wet season. I don't think I remember a spring being as wet as this one in many years.

Thankfully I took lots of photos in the past few days so here's what's blooming at Old Country Gardens.

Don't you love this arrangement? It would never win a design award but I'm perfectly happy with it just the way it is.

Newly arrived hardy Geranium 'Jolly Bee' is putting up lots of heavenly blue blooms. I'm really excited about this geranium and hope it's just the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

What could be wrong with waves and waves of hot pink Silene Armeria?

Well, when your waves of Silene armeria totally hide the teeny Astilbe 'Darwin's Dreams' then a decision has to be made. Time to thin out the Silene.

The blue flowers on the Amsonia work very nicely with the Lysimachia punctata 'Alexander'. I have no idea why this variety of Lysimachia just limps along instead of taking over the world like the other Lysimachia's do. I wouldn't mind having a bit more so I could share it with friends.

Just couldn't resist these bronze Sedums. I bought some for me and some for you.

Centaurea dealbata. The buds are lovely but the blooms are exquisite. Unfortunately all the open blooms have been decimated by our rains and it looks like a few more days will go by before I get to photograph an open bloom.

Why am I cultivating a huge pokeweed? You have to go visit Old Country Gardens to get the full story.


I just couldn't resist this close up of an Astilbe bloom. For years I ignored this plant family. Even though I grew several varieties, I could never find a photo of one. This year I plan on taking lots and lots of Astilbe photos.

Thank goodness for blogs, rainy days would be so boring without them. What do you do on rainy days?

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love to read your comments! Much as I wish I also had time to reply, many times I will have to choose between replying to comments or creating a new post so please understand if I choose to use my time on a new post. This will also give me time to visit some of you too.